Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

What's on my mind today

     I hope you are enjoying a taste of summer this weekend if you live in the Northeast! I hate to say that I am already accustomed to the chilly weather. The A/C is already shut off, and the heat on at my workplace.  But it's going to be in the 80's on Sunday! 
    Today I have some random thoughts.  First, my heart is saddened by the loss of a dear friend. I can't talk about it because of hippa regulations, but he was quite a guy.  He knows who he is, and I hope he is where he should be, free of pain. Carl will be sorely missed by his many friends, but will never be forgotten.
     Do you enjoy getting bargains? I love a bargain, and today I scored a couple: Staples had a great deal on 8 1/2 by 11 glossy photo paper. After the rebate, they only cost me $1.00 for a pack of 50 sheets! I bought three packs.  CVS has a markdown table on  most  days.  It's hard to resist buying things I probably won't even use, just because it's 90% off! I have gotten some great gifts for people this way, and I always planned on reselling things I didn't want at a garage sale or online. But all that's really happening is that all that "stuff" is accumulating and taking over the house!
    Last item on my mind today, some ideas about the blog. I was thinking of having a theme for each day of the week. Maybe food and recipes one day, sports another, home and garden, and "open forum" on the others. Let me know what you think!
    Still working this weekend, so I may not be back until Monday. I have a date with "Breaking Bad" Sunday night, the season finale.  Next season will be the last-BOO! But on the other hand, there's only so much you can do, and this show has to end. Any of you out there watch it? It can be far fetched, but it is very suspenseful.   I am also excited to see that "The Dick Van Dyke Show" is on TV Land! Very funny show.
Take care, and see you soon!
Karin

    

No comments:

Post a Comment