Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Night Musings

     Hi Everybody! It's been a few days since my last posting, so I thought I'd better get to work.  I have to do a better job with proofreading, because even when I use the spellcheck, sometimes there is a wrong word, a result of a typo, that the spellcheck doesn't catch.  I have tried to go back and fix the mistakes, but haven't figured out how to do it yet.
     I feel pretty good after a 10 day bout with a cold. I hardly ever get sick, and will never take a flu shot. But colds are annoying, and I had forgotten how nice it is to be able to breathe through my nose until I couldn't do it anymore! I hate to say my six plus years without a call out came to an unceremonious end last Tuesday. Since I never got any recognition or financial reward for it, in retrospect I wish I had called out all the times I felt crummy!!
     I've been brainstorming for ideas for future articles, and hopefully have come up with some good ones.  I feel kind of impatient, because as a writer, one likes to get feedback on their work.  I have told quite a few acquaintances about this blog, and even e-mailed them the first couple of posts. I was hoping everybody would "follow" me, and make comments, but that hasn't happened yet.  My Mom, who I didn't actually tell about this project until the other day, was nice enough to sign up, but she hasn't posted any comments either. Why should she? She can just talk to me the next time I walk by! 
      Anyway, I think I'm a bit envious because I've started looking at other people's blogs, to get a feel for what blogs are all about. So many of these people have anywhere from 50 to hundreds of followers. I really don't like that word, because it sounds like a cult, or a herd of sheep!  Maybe "subscribers" would be a better word, because they are people who are looking to read each new article you have created.
     It makes me happy that so many people are still writing for the fun of it. That actually surprises me.  Some of these writers also list the blogs that they read, and I don't know how anybody has the time!  I would like to read some, but I have too many other things to do first, like my Bruins newsletter. (I used to have so much fun publishing my cute little newsletter "What's Brewin'"!)
     I accidentally discovered the other day that there is another Karen (spelled with an E) who has a blog with a similar title, "Life is what YOU make it".  I can't accuse her of stealing my title, because she was there first.  I had to think of a title fast. If I had it to do over again, I might call it something else.
     I tried to add more "gadgets" to the blog to make it more visually appealing, but it seemed that "cute puppies" were more of a distraction, so I took them down. In the months to come, I'm sure I will find the right touches to make this blog a success.
    Why not get me off on the right foot by commenting, so I know you are actually there? Thanks a lot!
See you next time!
Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment