Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2021

There goes another week of summer!

 So there goes another week. I know time is an illusion, but I still haven't figured out how time can stand still and go at warp speed simultaneously.  So what have I accomplished this week?

1. Got some goodies: I've been putting off buying a new printer, but I really needed one. Finally I ordered it from Staples and got it delivered the next day. I love that! I don't love setting things up, though. It's wireless, and for some reason I had trouble setting it up, so I was just going to connect the USB cable. But it doesn't come with one. So I either need to find one of the ones I know I have here somewhere, or buy a new one. 

2. Job Seeking: There seem to be more activity director type jobs out there now in this area. I applied for two of them and had interviews this week. Too soon to know if I will be hired or not. 

3. Writing: I have picked up the pace lately, and it feels good. I have been writing letters to friends, doing blog posts, and more importantly in my journals. 

4. Planning: Been trying to get things organized, and since I dropped the ball on having a garden this year, I thought I could at least take stock of what I have to work with and plan for next year. I need everything--raised beds, flower boxes, whisky barrel containers, hose, garden tools, etc. I have to send away for or purchase firsthand the bulbs to plant in the fall, and possibly some shrubs so they have time to get rooted before winter. I would love to get things to attract birds-a fountain, bird bath, blue bird house just in case I can attract them, hummingbird feeders, etc. Imagine how nice the yard would be when I'm done.

5. Looking at and organizing photos: some of this is because I am working on my dad's memorial service, and it's just something you do when someone dies, go look at pictures of someone you miss seeing in person. But I also finally purchased a scanner machine so I can transfer all my old fashioned negatives onto a memory card and/or PC. Then I can crop, enhance, print, share, and make photo books. I can't wait. I haven't started this project yet, but I know it's going to be fun.

6.Think: I still spend a lot of time thinking. Reflecting, Praying, and trying to make the best of my new life. I don't know why I constantly analyze the passage of time, why do I wake up at exactly 6 am every morning? Why do I stay in bed when I should get up? Etc, etc. The biggest question of course, is what am I doing for the rest of my life, and how long will that be? Nobody knows.

I hope you are having a great summer, and take a moment to appreciate everything you have, and try to live in the moment!  Enjoy the rest of the weekend and take care of yourself!

This is me in 1988, feeding a horse in Needham. One of my old 35 MM pictures. Part of my old life!

No comments:

Post a Comment