Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January is moving right along!

    I'm happy to say that January is flying by. Is it going quickly for you?   I hope it keeps going like this, with a minimum of bad weather. We had our first snowstorm last night since October. It was very pretty, about three inches of wet snow after two days of bitter cold. I can't complain, because it's been a pretty easy winter so far (knock on wood). Last year was so miserable, it will take awhile to forget. 
     Anyway, the snow is already melted.  Do you like the snow? I do, I just don't like the inconvenience of trying to travel in it. Snow can be beautiful, especially the dry fluffy stuff. I don't mind it at all when you can just sweep it away. I think it's neat that every snowflake is different, like a fingerprint. I don't know if you have ever heard of "Snowflake" Bentley. He took photographs of snowflakes on microscope lenses, revealing the intense beauty and individuality of hundreds of snowflakes. I have to buy the book, it is fascinating and beautiful.
 This is Cindy, playing in the snow
 Can you see the cardinal among the branches? This is from 2006
 I'm not sure what kind of woodpecker this is, but he was the first one I captured with my new camera last year.
 This is from last winter, a view from the driveway. Those tall pines are pretty with snow on them!
 Here is Cindy-poo again, at work this time, keeping her eye on something!
     I really love this shot-with icicles from the bathroom window, and the blurry cardinal in the background. This is my current desktop on my laptop.

We have already started to gain back some light in the morning, as well as quite a bit in the afternoon. This is encouraging!  Before we know it, it will be March.  I'm looking forward to spring. I might just start some basil seeds so they will be big enough to transplant.
     Have a nice week, and remember, spring is just around the corner!
Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment