Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

FOLLOW UPS FROM PREVIOUS POSTS

  Hello again! Today I'm going to try and follow up on  and update some of my past articles. Let's see if I can remember everything I want to say!
    First, I have to say that my class is moving right along. It's been seven weeks already, although because of Christmas, we lost a week. Lots of computer work. Thank God I bought the Microsoft Office-I didn't realize how many helpful templates and forms are on it! There are so many cool features that I don't even know where to start.  I'm so glad I took this class, wish I had done it a long time ago, when I had more time. But the good news is, I'm actually doing well with budgeting my time, and it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. My instructor is very nice, and was understanding when I was having trouble uploading my work. Next week is the mid-term test! I have projects to do as well, and I put those off, so I'll be busy finishing those up this week.
     Once this first 16 weeks is up, and assuming I pass, I will be 
reimbursed by the company. I think I want to use the $600 towards a new laptop, with blu-ray, and 17 inch screen. That's called incentive.  In the meantime, I'm going to save up for the second part of the class, so I can keep right on going with it, and finish it!! The second part is mostly about management.  And anybody who knows me knows that I can use some work on that, though I think I am a stronger person now than I was before.  If I make the same mistakes I made in the past, shame on me, not anyone else.
      The article I wrote about cameras got me doing a search for 126 and disc cameras-Amazing how something that seems so obscure has such detailed websites! If you want to learn more and see some nice pictures of these vintage cameras, just do a google search.  You'll find more stuff than you'll have time to read!
       I did a column about the towers I can't get away from. I haven't heard anything else about the guy who lost his life. But there is definitely some new stuff up there. It sounds funny, but I can look at the various towers and know right away if there's even a minor change, because I'm looking at the darn things so much.  
      Cindy, my Collie/Cattle dog mix is doing fine. Not out of doors as much in cooler weather, but she gets lots of walks and rides instead. I'd like to upload a clip of her riding in the car at some point, she's so adorable.  I have a video project I started last year that when finished I will definitely post.
     Did you notice the updates I made to my blog page? I tweaked it, by adding a sidebar of the most popular posts (It did it's thing by itself). It looks great with the little thumbnail pix next to a teaser of the post.  If you are receiving an automatic e-mail of each new post, you may not have seen the changes. So don't forget to check it out!
     The latest on our hawk--It wasn't a red-tail after all, we think he is another sharp-shinned. He was flying around the other day, but it's been a few days since I've seen him. And this morning when I took Cindy out, I saw a squirrel climb into the nest! So maybe it was a squirrels nest all the time, and the hawk just parked his butt there for a minute or two. Or maybe it was the hawk's nest, and he abandoned it. We have seen and heard the cardinals almost every day recently.  I'm still worried about them, but we've decided to just go ahead and start feeding them. What's worse, dying a quick death from the hawk or starving slowly? Only the birds know for sure, but as long as the birds have shown up, we'd better feed them. Ocean State Job lot is where we go for our birdseed and fruit flavored suet, very reasonably priced. 
     I got a lot of feedback from my story about Facebook! Three who agreed with me, and were not members either; and one who told me I could have a page w/ as much or little privacy as I want. I still haven't decided to take the plunge, I'm too busy now anyway.  I started a "Zazzle" account recently; It's a website that sells personalized products online, that you make with your own photos or images. I made some note cards with one of my best swan photos. After I set up my "store", I tried to find my product, and was shocked to see at least 1000 other people beat me to selling their swan photos!! I don't think I've sold any yet. You get a percentage.
     Well, I guess I'd better close this for now. Take Care and have a great night!
Karin
     

     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment