Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

EVER HAVE A WEEK WHERE EVERYTHING IS ANNOYING?

    Have you ever had a week, or even just a day, when it seems like everything is irritating? I'm in the midst of that now, and I'm taking a few minutes to complain about it!  First irritant is my computer. It's getting slow. All those homework downloads are taking their toll.  Aside from that, "Chrome" is always crashing. I have to use Chrome to upload the homework, but half the time I am trying to access the online classroom, or this blog spot, I get a picture of a computer with x-d out eyes, telling me I have a choice of "killing" the pages or waiting. Once or twice is OK, but every time is a little much. I  tried to run a scan with some software my Mom used and found effective. But it was a complete waste of my time. It told me it wasn't compatible. So I gave up, maybe I'll try again tomorrow. But that "dead" computer icon is creeping me out!
     School has been fun, but this week was especially tedious in the planning and evaluation forms I had to fill out and upload. Not hard, just very time consuming. And I didn't have much time to do my homework this week because I was working the weekend. Too tired to study, which left me to do most of the work on Monday. I was burning the midnight oil, then had to get up early, so I'm probably irritable from that, too.
    I'm annoyed with cable TV, how expensive it is, there's nothing on except commercials. They give us a station that actually has good old shows, but they put infomercials on during the best ones (ME-TV). And they got rid of Retro-TV. I can't wait to get rid of the cable TV. But I have to upgrade or TVs first. 
    I'm annoyed with how much I spend at the grocery store, even when I only buy things that are on sale. That's an outrage I will have to fix.
    I love my job, but this week has been a real drag. I'm annoyed about everything that's been going on recently. I can't elaborate too much, but lets just say that with the economy still bad and good jobs hard to find, I have to suck it up unless I win the lottery.  And the chances of that happening are slim to none. And that annoys me too!
I'm annoyed that my hours have been cut, and the union is here to screw up my life. I don't see a way to get out of that, and that annoys me. I'm irritated that I have to wear the same color shirt every single day. I realize it's the least of my worries, and it simplified my mornings figuring out what to put on...but it's SO BORING!!! And DRAB! The residents loved my taste in clothes, I liked to wear bold colors and patterns, and florals. Unless I become a department head again, I'm stuck in this navy blue polo shirt. Whoopee.
     I'm just plain annoyed with myself sometimes. If I sleep late, if I don't do things I had planned on my off days, if I don't feel good.  It seems like nothing I do is right, and I'm not satisfied with anything lately. Maybe I just have the mid-winter blahs. At least we got rid of the snow quickly, and it was up into the 60's today. I shouldn't complain!
     How do you get out of a funk? I may get some fresh air, or work on this blog. Maybe have some ice cream. That's my cure-all!  
    I saw three robins today when I was on my lunch break! I'll take that as a positive sign, and end this post on a happy tone. Here is a pix of a robin from last spring! I'm annoyed that it didn't show up here, at the end of the story. But I can't fix it, so just scroll up and get another look. He is beautiful.
Enjoy, and try not to let annoying things get you down. It's not worth it! Have a great week!
Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment