Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's fun to learn new things!

    I feel so liberated this week, because I have gotten a lot accomplished. Aside from that, I have learned to do some stuff on the computer that was long overdue-like attach a photo file that had more than one photo on it. To me, this was huge!   
     Since I started this class, I have learned how to upload, which was easy, but I had never done it before. It turns out my browser was not up to snuff, and I had to upgrade to Chrome. All of a sudden, like magic, the uploads went on their way. What a  relief!
    I was kind of shell-shocked at paying over $100 for software, but I've needed it for a couple of years and was just too cheap to spring for it. It was only Microsoft Office, and it seems like it should be free when you buy the computer! Anyway, it does so much I may never finish learning to use all the features. It has power point, which I am also supposed to use for my class.
    The class itself is going well, I'm happy to report that I'm getting full grades-all possible points have been collected from each week's assignments so far-I'll get back to you when I finish the mid-term exam! I wish I had done this years ago.
    I'm also excited about getting a good picture that exceeded my hopes. This week I got a really nice shot of the moon setting in the early morning. My mom liked it enough to post it on her Facebook page. I am going to include it here. It's not close enough up here, but if you would like me to e-mail you the photo, you will be able to enlarge it enough to see the details! All 3 of these came in the span of a couple of minutes, but they don't look alike at all. Must be because it was getting bright out.
     Now I feel like I can tackle all  the other things I've been putting off, too! It's nice to feel optimistic.  I'll try to keep the good feeling going ! I hope your year is off to a good start, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment