Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2021

The Bucket List

    Yesterday I promised I was coming back today with my list of things I hoped to do or accomplish before I die. I was so busy vegging out watching "Flea Market Flip" that I almost forgot. So this list I'm submitting now is still a rough draft. I reserve the right to edit, expand, and/or delete as I go along. 

    Some of this is really easy and do-able, some I don't know yet! Travel seems to be on my mind more recently. In reality, I don't like the process of travel, but some places I really want to see with my own eyes.  Luckily, my places aren't very far away: Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, and the Islands where you can see puffin colonies. I love puffins!! 

    I would love to do a cruise along the Maine coast, and stop and see lighthouses along the way.  And take lots of pictures. I've never seen a live palm tree or an orange grove, so at some point I should go somewhere tropical. I's also love to see the Northwest, maybe Oregon, to an Iris farm-to see all the various iris flowers in bloom. I would love to hold and hug a koala bear, and swim with the dolphins. 

    Lately, I've been thinking about all the great music I listen to, but there are some iconic artists I have never seen in concert. Gordon Lightfoot, for one. I see he is still performing, and will be in Boston and Worcester later this year. He is 82 years old!!! He's still singing and his guitar playing is fine. I watched a you tube video from last July, and he sounded surprisingly good. Part of the appeal is being in the same room with the artist and being a part of the musical vibes they share with the audience. So even if he isn't in his prime anymore, I would like to see him in concert. 

    In my pipe dream category, there are a few famous people I would love to meet: Barry Gibb, Steve Winwood,  Bobby Orr and Ray Bourque. My musical and sports heroes. And I'm pretty sure they are all quality people too. If anyone has any connections to these guys, let me know!!

    Even though I think I'm afraid of heights, I still want to go on a hot air balloon ride. It's supposed to be pretty safe. Now lets move onto the easy ones! I've always wanted to go to the Brimfield Fair. I just live to see all those antiques and nick-knacks. I would love to have my own consignment or gift shop.  

    As far as learning new skills, I feel compelled to finish learning to play guitar and/or piano. It would be nice if I could learn to sing, but I don't think the world would ever be ready to hear it! 

    I can't really think of anything else right now, except maybe to write a best seller-it would be non-fiction. I haven't looked into the cost or viability of all these bucket-list entries. But you can't do anything if you don't try.

Here is a video of the puffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment