Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

MY BLOG IS A YEAR OLD ALREADY!


     It's hard to believe, but "Life is what you make it", is a year old. The actual anniversary was yesterday, October 1st.  How much has changed in the past year, and am I a different or better person?  I'm not really sure.
     As hard as I've tried, I don't think I've made too much progress. My biggest accomplishment in the past year was to complete my certification classes for activity director.  But I'm still filling out paperwork and applications, and then it could take up to 12 weeks before I can take the test.   Once I get the certification, I won't be using it right away unless I leave my current job.  And I won't do that unless the situation is right for me.  Still, I'm happy that the process is almost complete.
       My writing class is moving right along, and I'm pleased about that because I need the college credits.  I guess I'm a little surprised about how much work my writing needs in order to be ready to submit for publication. I never had to think about my writing, I just did it. My writing is one of the few things I am satisfied with, even if it's not perfect. It turns out that my two biggest flaws as a writer are NOT using contractions, and using a passive voice, which makes for a boring piece of writing.
      I'm working on correcting these flaws by proofreading, editing, and rewriting.  It's a real effort, though.  That's one reason I like my blog, and writing in my various journals. I can just write what's on my mind without thinking too much about it.
    Getting back to the blog itself, to date I've had 1,393 page views, though many of them were me. Still, I feel lucky that I've had views from many countries, even one I've never heard of until recently- Qatar! I can't help but wonder who is reading my blog, and if they like what I'm doing. I need better "stats", and I started to set up another stat analysis page, one which is much more detailed than what I have now. I wish I had more feedback from my readers, I really don't know if I'm getting repeat "customers".
If you read this blog regularly, please send me an email or become a follower! I'd like to know more about you.
     My challenge in the coming year will be to come up with more original posts, that don't repeat what I've already said. As you know, things run in cycles, and I tend to think about the same things every year as they happen. For example, the changing seasons are on my mind again, but I already talked about that last year. So I probably won't say much about it this time around.
     What have I lost in the past year? Many wonderful friends who've passed away. But they live on in my memories.  
     We lost our oldies radio station that I complained about when they kept on playing Christmas songs starting in late October--but who knows, they may still do that. They play "contemporary hits" now.  They should call it contemporary (re-arrange the letters of "hits"; put the S at the beginning of the word!)
    Our local Chinese restaurant closed down unexpectedly, and it's forever. That made me sad that I can't go there one last time.  We also lost Friendly's, though I liked even if I never went in there. I hope another restaurant opens in it's place soon.
    Well, I guess I'd better go. I hope the next year will be a healthy and happy one for you!

     
     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment