Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

They Could Rename "Breaking Bad" "Breaking Sad"


     As you probably know, I am a fan of "Breaking Bad". I have written more about it recently not just because it interests me, but because whenever I do, my page views spike up significantly. I'm hoping that new people will read my regular blog posts as a result.
    Anyway, we are already halfway through the stupid "half-season" of eight episodes. The premiere was very exciting, and the subsequent episodes were kind of weird. The most recent one, entitled "fifty-one" which signified the main character's birthday, was the most depressing yet. 
     As good a show as this is, I hate it when they focus on the crumbling marriages of the main characters.  It makes me uncomfortable to watch, even if it's not real. Yes, it's just sad.  I wish the writers would concentrate on the investigation, or the conflict between the drug manufacturers.  I don't like watching "relationships", especially when the people are intentionally hurting each other. From what I've been reading on the other blogs, most of the other fans don't like it either. 
     People are speculating about the big showdown that is inevitable between Walt and Skyler, if they are capable of killing each other.  Hopefully it won't come to that. I'm just sick of watching the wife moping around. I don't envy the actress who plays her, but she is convincing. It must be hard to play a character that everyone loves to hate.
      One reason this show has me hooked is because it's the biggest adrenaline rush I get all week. Just when you think things may turn out OK, the crap hits the fan. 
     Let's hope next week's episode is a real nail biter! This past one just made me cringe. If you watched it, what do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment