Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Daylight Savings Time brings a Bright Outlook with it!

     It's hard to believe that we're on the verge of spring. I think I may have already mentioned that this was one of the easiest winters I can ever remember in terms of lack of snow and cold. The pipes didn't threaten to freeze once! I didn't even have to put my boots on at all. That was refreshing after last winter. My only concern is that we might end up with a hot, humid summer. I feel bad about all the people who have had to deal with devastating tornadoes so early in the season. I can't even imagine having to cope with losing my home to a natural disaster. It makes me appreciate that I have a home and security.
     How do you feel about daylight savings time kicking in so early in March instead of in April? Even though I traditionally live for the day when we get the extra hour of light back, I feel a little funny or guilty about it happening so soon. I'm not sure I'm ready for it yet, it seems to be coming too fast. Or is it just that I'm getting older and everything goes faster?
      Getting back to daylight savings time makes me feel the inevitability of warmth, sunshine, singing birds and blooming flowers. It makes me feel ambitious for cleaning up the yard, planting flowers and veggies. It means my dog will be able to stay outdoors for hours on end, provided she doesn't bark too much! She has had many rides in the car this winter, and now she expects a ride every day. 
     Winter probably went fast because I was preoccupied with my class. Breaking it down into weeks made it more manageable.
I'm happy to report that week 14 of my 16 week class starts on Tuesday, and week 16 is the Final Exam. Then I slide right into week 1 of part II, which is the management part, on April 3rd. And also, this week I finish what I started 12 years ago-my "breaking into print" writing course, that counts as a 7 credit college English class! I need 12 credits, so this will be a great start. The best part is that this class is 12 parts, and I already completed the first 6 parts.  It should be easier this time around because I will be able to submit my work via e-mail. 
     It's nice to finally feel like I am making progress. I have been treading water for what seems like decades. Being able to accomplish goals that previously seemed impossible makes me feel like I can do anything. And God knows I still have a lot more to do!  I think God for helping me reach my goals, and all the friends, family and colleagues who kept on encouraging me!
Have a great first day of Daylight Savings, and take a minute to review your goals for the coming months. Hopefully by the time we turn our clocks back, I will have achieved more of what I have set out to do. One of those goals is to make this blog a success. I check my "stats" and "audience" on the blogger dashboard, and see that people from Russia, Germany, Columbia, Bulgaria, England, and Latvia have read my blog. I know who the people from Bermuda and New Zealand are, and I say hello to them now.  Can those wonderful people from abroad come forward and e-mail me a greeting, or any type of feedback? Tell me a bit about yourself!  The same goes for the Americans who read my blog. I don't know what part of the country you are from, but I would love to know.
Take Care, and enjoy some of my images of spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment