Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Remembering Bigfoot on his birthday!

     It's 11:56 pm, but I made it here in time to pay tribute to a very special pet who was born on February 28th, 1978. He was born into a litter of six kittens, and he was the runt. We fell in love with him, and I was so glad we got to keep him.(I was only ten years old, but he lived until my late 20's).  He was born 34 years ago today.
      His name was Bigfoot, for reasons you should be able to figure out! He was an amazing cat: Black tiger, double paws (actually, I'd say they were triple paws). Fluffy, intelligent, independent. We've never had a cat like him before or since.  
     He has been gone since 1995, he lived 17 years, most of them spent doing what he did best, being a free-spirited, wild animal! I can't do him justice today, I need to scan some more pictures of him into this computer first, so you can see the look in his eyes. This one you've seen before, but it's worth showing again. 
     Bigfoot was very smart, territorial, and loved to eat.  In future columns, I'll tell you some funny stories about him.  I will cherish him forever! Biggie-Boy, I hope I see you again some day! I can't wait for you to jump on my lap once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment