Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bigfoot is 35 today!



  It's easy to remember my Bigfoot's birthday, because it falls on February 28th.  It's hard to believe he was born 35 years ago, though!  In a way, it seems like it's been longer. 
  He had a long, happy life, living to the ripe old age of 17.  He's been gone since 1995, but he's never too far from my thoughts. There are too many memories to mention here, but a few stand out.
   He knew how to knock on the door with his claws! Not that he did it very often, but once he did it when we had company, and really impressed them!
  Bigfoot was the perfect mix of independent, yet friendly. He was intelligent, and certainly had a mind of his own.  He loved to beg for scraps, loved catnip, and especially loved being outdoors.  
   I hope I have new pictures of Biggie Boy to post here. He had lots of nick-names: Sasquatch, Mr. Foot, Biggie, the Southern New England Lynx, Stripe and Striperino, to name a few.  Wish I could think of the others!
   I'll save some memories for next year. There were plenty of adventures, and lots of good times. 
Bigfoot around 1982 in front of the Lilac bush

Here's Biggie relaxing on the front steps.

I don't know what he's looking at- too bad you can't see his double paws. Look at his beautiful tufts and white spot/

Bigfoot was very athletic! Here he's up on the well in the front yard, sharpening his claws.

This is one of my favorites- from 1986- Bigfoot snuggling up with his daughter Grace. She looks so happy!
Happy Birthday Bigfoot!  I love you!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment